Re: Pop -Up Windows

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:54:59 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
From: DPowell <DPowell(at)PACUL.ORG>

> Michel wrote:
> "<A
> HREF="javascript:window.open('contents.html','window_name','width=200,he
> ight=200')"> Click here</a>"
>
> How can I get a pop-up window to automatically pop-up when the reader
> clicks to a link (i.e. to have a survey pop-up in their window when they
> click to a particular page within web site?  The above script works for
> a "click here" command.

Do I understand you correctly that you want the new page to come up in the
main window, with a secondary page coming up in a popup window?  Change the
HREF to point to the new page as normal, and use ONCLICK to produce the
popup window, using the same syntax as shown for the HREF value above.

Hope that was what you were asking!  :-)

Regards,
Donna