Re: Lost BG Sound

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:46:21 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Bill

When this happens, the first thing to check is the filename in terms of
upper/lower case, as that's often at the root of the problem.  Windows
isn't case sensitive, so it regards candlwind.mid, CANDLWIND.MID and
CandlWind.mid as being all the same.  That's why the sound works fine when
you run the page locally on your PC.  However many web servers run systems
that ARE case sensitive, and they will see these three file names as three
different things.  I had a quick look at your page, and your code points to
"candlwind.mid".  I tried a few variations, and found that the actual file
name is "CandlWind.mid".  To get it to work on the server, you'll have to
either change the file name so that it's all lower case to match your code,
or change the reference to the file in your code so that it matches the
file name exactly.  Either will do the trick.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk