Re: Alt and/or Title

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:57:20 -0500
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Since this bill was signed in 1998 and just went into
> effect on 21 Dec 2000, most federal sites have
> prepared to meet the legal requirements.

True, but I bet it's only a matter of time before they require us to do it.
Better to build it in now than rebuild it later and deal with all the issues
that could arise from it.

My other concern is that when they pass laws for the handicapped, they paint
with such a wide brush that it isn't too hard to see someone interpreting it
to mean we are responsible for building "accessible" websites.  Who knows
what federal, state and local laws are already on the books that could be
used or misconstrued in a lawsuit.

That's the problem with a Jury. You have a bunch of average people listening
to two lawyers that have an extensive education in using language and
emotions to embellish things for their own ends.  Joe or Josephine "Average"
doesn't stand a chance making heads or tails of the whole thing.  The law
ends up having little to do with it.  It's a matter of which lawyer tap
dances better in the courtroom.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net