Re: Site templates

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:00:49 -0700
 To:  <jaitchis(at)hwy.com.au>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi John,

I am trying  to make templates for my fansite. Finally I understood what
elements
must be in a template. That are only the structural elements of a page as
headings (properly nested from H1), the whole navigation system and perhaps
an adressblock that appears on every page in your site.(else leave out of
the template)

For pages with list, forms, tables . you need also different templates. All
the
pages with forms look the same and all the pages with lists  and all the
pages with  tables  look  also the same when you don't want to confuse your
visitors.

When you have your template ready,  you can think of colors, background,
font-family etc.
These presentational aspects  don't belong in a template.

So you don't need to buy one but only thinking where you want to have your
structural elements in all the pages.

 You can take a look at the site http://munat.com/ineke/index.html for
seeing how this works. The template site is in some stages to see without or
with  stylesheets and later with fonts, pictures and other content But the
templates are  for an already existing site that had to be restyled.

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat