Re: Need help with common web page information

by "Lauri Vain" <lauri_lists(at)tharapita.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Dec 2001 23:09:07 +0200
 To:  <compucen(at)swbell.net>,
"HWG Basics Posting \(E-mail\)" <hwg-basics-digest(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Heya Capt.,

> One of my (personal) favorite ways of doing this is using PHP (
> http://www.php.org ) or PERL, but *both* require the assistance of your ISP
> to implement.

Ummm... maybe you meant www.php.net? That's the official site of PHP, not
php.org as you mentioned above. Or did you mean the courses that php.org offers?

Anyway -- Linda, if you're more interested in PHP or any other server side
scripting language then also check out places like www.webmonkey.com,
www.weberdev.com and www.devshed.com. There, of course, are countless others and
shout on the list or try a search engine if you need more information.

If you want to do it the Perl way and have HTML documents in which you need to
insert your PERL code, includes etc, then I would suggest you check out EmbPerl
(http://perl.apache.org/embperl/). It's starting to become increasingly popular
among many.

Good luck!

Happy holidays everybody!!