Re: WYSIWYG editors, and an IE rant

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Dec 2000 06:56:11 -0500
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm running Win98SE on a PII400:

-- IE 5.5
-- NN4.7
-- Opera 5
-- WebTV Viewer
-- NN6

I also have a remote link to NN5.61 on another machine on the network.

I have noticed no conflicts, even though I sometimes fire up quite a few of them.
Currently, IE is the default for me.

I have a special-order Dell Inspiron 3800 on the way that I intend to make dual boot with
Linux, which I now run seperately on another.  Since most of my work nowadays is HTML and
Perl, I am thinking I want to put RH7.0 as the primary OS and run Windows in vmware
(http://www.vmware.com/solutions/tech_pro/), allowing me to develop and test on localhost
in an environment similar to what the apps run in while still having access to Windows
apps.  It's possible that this may allow me to actually increase my range of browsers
available from one machine.