Re: html e-mail

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:06:51 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ian:

If you are lucky enough to have Outlook Express on your computer, the Help
Files go into this HTML E-mail business in some detail.

But fundamentally, to "embed" an image, you first choose Rich Text format
from the Format menu. Then--after placing your cursor at the insertion
point-- click on Insert> Picture. RTF allows many web commands to be given
including text fonts, color and size; justification; lines, etc. (Microsoft
calls HTML e-mail Rich Text Format, RTF) Other late/modern e-mail packages
may use slightly different terminology.

You can also create your own web "format" or page. In Outlook Express, this
is called "Stationery". Again, the help files give you a step by step and
other programs may call it something different.

However, watch out for this terrible and often besmirched thing, as many
"feature challenged" web clients, such as AOL, (and some others), do not
render such pages correctly. Ex: I have a buddy using the Netscape e-mail
client on a MAC and his does not handle tables although when it is printed
out on paper, everything comes out just fine. Go figure??

Good luck and best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net