Re: email flyer

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:08:54 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Greg:

The easy way is to use Outlook Express.

Step One
In the "flyer message" being composed, go to Format and down towards the
bottom of the drop down menu, you will see two items:
Rich Text (HTML)
Plain Text

Be sure that Rich Text is checked. -- Then place your cursor where you want
the picture to appear.

Step Two
In the Insert menu, click on Picture. NOTE: Unless you have checked Rich
Text (HTML) in the step above, this option will be grayed out.

A dialog screen will come up allowing you to type in the location of the
picture file--or browse for it just like opening a file in any other
application. Once you have selected the file, the dialog screen will also
present you with several options.

You can type in an Alt. text; set the apperance for "left" or what have you,
to allow the text to flow around the picture; set the border if you wish one
and set the offset between the picture and the text.

And that basically--is it. Note however, that the picture must already be
"sized" -- if too large or too small, it will have to be edited in a
suitable graphics program--and of course it is considered polite to be sure
that any graphics used, have been reduced in file size through compression,
or color limitation, etc.

Also in Outlook Express' Address Book, you can create the list of recipients
and give it a special name. Once created, Right Clicking on this name will
allow you to choose "Properties" for editing the list.

I realize this is kind of brief. If I left out something important, just
yell and I will try to fill in the blanks ???

Best Wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net