Re: px,pn,in,cm or ? Or WHAT?

by "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:37:24 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Hi guys..  I just want to put in a word of caution about using pixels to
> size text.
>
> For people (like me) who have their screens set at 1200x1600 resolution,
11
> or 12 pixel text is very tiny and hard to read.  If you have the text size
> specified in pixels, there's no way I can adjust my browser to make it
> larger.  I'd have to reconfigure my whole monitor resolution, and I hate
> do that.

You should be using a 20 inch monitor or bigger in that video mode.  If
you're trying this on a 15" or 17" monitor you are abusing your eyes.

Pixels were radically different in size from one browser and computer
platform and the next.  This means webpages would look very different.  I
could have a picture of a product with very small text next to it for
Mac's/Netscape lets say and Windoz/ I.E.   Pixels help us to cover a broader
group of platforms.

Paul Wilson
webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com