Re: Converting files from proprietary word processor

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:02:01 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Bill:

I have a granddaughter living in far off Nevada, (some 300 kilometers) who
says she uses a Brother word processor.

Her model does two things. First, it has a PC format floppy drive. Second,
it also allows her to save as plain text. (.txt)  She saves as text--slips
the floppy into her PC and e-mails me the file.

If your client has the same model, you are home free. Just load it into Word
or FrontPage and format to your hearts content.

If you determine the model of the Brother, try their web site,
www.brother.com/ to check the features. They have a VERY large and complete
site though it does take some time to drill down through the mind blowing
layers, countries, products, etc.

Failing all this, any good OCR program can convert the "hard copies" into
text or .doc files as fast as you can run them through your scanner. Of
course, the file will have to be proofed as no OCR engine is 100% accurate.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net