Re: Word processor

by "Diane & Ray Green" <GreenTrucking(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Apr 2000 06:53:26 -0700
 To:  <gardenia(at)mac.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Gardenia,

I have had the same experience using Word or WordPerfect to handcode so use
either WordPad or NotePad.  NotePad has fewer steps to save than WordPad,
but I like the ability to do search and replace that WordPad offers.  There
is also NoteTab Light (http://www.notetab.com/ ) which will run under
W95/W98 and is freeware.  I haven't tried it yet but have been told that it
works too and that there are several manipulation tools available to make it
more powerful.

If you want to continue using Word, you'll need to designate not only the
*.htm(l) extension, but change the type of document format you are saving
your code to ASCII text (*.txt) at the time you save.

HTH,
Diane Green
E-mail:   GreenTrucking(at)prodigy.net

AOL IM Nick:  MaMaRootz

WebPage:  http://pages.prodigy.net/greentrucking/

"My worth to God in public is what I am in private."
                              --Oswald Chambers