RE: CSS in Netscape

by David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk

 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:05:46 +0000
 To:  elias(at)assumptionabbey.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I still say "Humbug" to Netscape !!

No seriously, my original comment about Netscape was because everything I
seem to write under Explorer never seems to work in Netscape. Elias' point
about doing everything under Netscape first would be ideal for me except
the company proxy server will only allow me to run one or the other. As IE4
is the company standard I'm stuck with that. I can run Netscape but only
using local files (and as some of my images come direct from other sites
this causes a rather dramatic slowdown whilst Netscape thinks about it -
hence me defaulting to IE4).

Besides, Netscape seems soooo picky. I've still got an issue with absolute
positioning to sort out (under IE4 everything positions fine but looking at
in under Netscape, some it does some it doesn't).

Anyway, I'll get my site working completely under IE4, then try a mass test
under Netscape (at the moment I keep trying minor changes under both). I'm
sure I'll let you know if I get stuck (but at least this time I'll only
have one mail - many questions maybe - to send) !

Thanks,
David Artiss.

"Elias Thienpont" <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com> on 29/09/99 14:53:03

Please respond to elias(at)assumptionabbey.com

To:   "HTML Writers Guild / Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
cc:    (bcc: David Artiss/IS/GB/BTC/TBC)
Subject:  RE: CSS in Netscape

Netscape Problems?
I was under the impression that NetScape did HTML code better than IE, and
so if it did not work well in NN, then you were catering to Billy rather
than learning good coding. Billy makes lots of do-dads that no one else can
or will touch with a ten foot pole, if you want to incorporate them, then
you are just helping to drive a peg into the heart of NN. Sure we all want
the latest and greatest in websites, but there are still 386 and 486
machines in use that haven't a clue as to how to use the newest browsers.
Elias