Re: Frontpage Extension

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:52:19 -0500
 To:  "Sian \(Rio\)" <webdiva(at)webdiva.screaming.net>,
"HWG: Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Not 100% sure about this, but you have to have Frontpage capabilities at the
host and they have to be enabled for this to work.  (I think)  It's a lot
like CGI, all the hosts brag you can use CGI but I have yet to see it where
I didn't have to call them and ask them to configure the account so it would
run CGI.  Ran across this with an ASP site too. I had to get them to
configure the site so ASP would run.

Down side to using this Frontpage method is that it is probably specific to
MS enabled websites.  CGI has support everywhere including IIS hosts.  ( a
suggestion)

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net