Re: Submitting a form

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:21:16 -0000
 To:  "Richard Allen" <rallen(at)staff.conel.ac.uk>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Richard

You've just discovered that the "mailto" type of form is somewhat
unreliable.  Whether or not it works, and how it works, depends
on the browser and email client being used, and on how they are
set up.  On some setups, it simply doesn't work at all.

As others have already indicated, the best thing is to use a form
to mail CGI script.  If your ISP or host company doesn't have a
ready made script available for use, you could try using a
remotely hosted script.  You'll find lots of these listed at
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Remotely_Hosted
/Form_Processing/

HTH!

Regards,