Re: eCommerce ??

by "Kim Mitchell" <kim(at)who-knows.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:09:17 -0400
 To:  <David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
David,

> resources are tight but we'd like a shopping-cart which takes credit card
> payments (but a shopping cart that can be smoothly integrated into my own
> code - bearing in mind my expertise is in HTML/DHTML/JS - i.e. I need a
> provider who can run the shopping cart which I can integrate with). I've
> found services that provide one but not the other.

I think there are lots of options out there.

I am currently using a program called Cart32 (www.cart32.com) on a site
which uses an NT server. The program cost about $200, but it was a one-time
expense and has served us flawlessly for over a year, with an easy, yet
easy-to-customise set-up.  This program works only on NT servers.

If you have a UNIX servers, I'd look into using one of the free cgi shopping
carts that are available.  I haven't used one of these yet myself,  but have
heard good things about them.

Setting up a credit card account with a bank is another issue entirely.
Cart32 has an add-on to work with Cybercash, a credit card processing
service, but we just used my client's existing credit card processing
system.

Good luck!
Kim