Re: HTML VALIDATOR?

by "Mr J. Michael Cates" <jmcates(at)ameritech.net>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:43:41 -0500
 To:  "HTML GUILD" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
1st -- <B> v <STRONG> although both have the same function I checked in the
HTML 4.01 specifications and they use B, however I know that MS has used the
<strong> </strong> format.

2nd -- ALT I always include this so that non-graphics users can see it ..
Many users turn off graphics. That is why the use of Height and Width
variables is so important. Without them your page will loose its appearance
and functionality

If you like an image to a site and the people can not see what the image is
they will not know why they want to choose that link, but if you put the ALT
variable this now lets them know what it is for

3rd -- Do you put <font color="000000"> if so this is incorrect  You need to
put <font color="#000000"> or <font color="00,00,00"> The first is
Hexidecimal the second is RGB.

SIncerely,

Mr. J. Michael Cates
jmcates(at)ameritech.net