Re: Extra Letters on Page

by "Justin H." <justinh(at)whidbey.net>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:12:31 -0700
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes, this is universal.  When you use FTP to transfer a file as ASCII text,
the client (or the server?) does a CR/LF conversion based on the
sending/receiving system type.  If you send a binary file as ASCII, any data
perceived as being a windows CR/LF (0A0D if I remember right) is converted
to whatever the receiving version's End of Line character is - which will
mess things up pretty nicely as you noted.

Justin H.