Re:graphics programs

by "Martie Healy" <martie(at)inetw.net>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:21:55 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:59:45 +0100
>From: "Keif(at)Keifnet.com" <Keif(at)keifnet.com>
>Subject: Graphics packages?
>
>Hi List,
>
>I want to get some image software and want to know which one is the
best. Is
>Photoshop really that good or necessary and worth the money?
>Does anyone use Micrografx Webtricity? If so is it any good?
>If so I am willing to spend but I don't want to if waste money if I
don't
>need to. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Adobe has two little programs that are not terribly expensive (around
$100 each). I use both and really like them - strictly for web images,
however! ImageReady and ImageStyler. ImageReady does animations,
unlimited undo, lets you see the changes when compressing file sizes,
changes from gifs to jpgs - other file types also but these are the only
2 I use, has basic editing and manipulating of images tools - and is
quite easy to use. ImageStyler does all the cool 3-D, shadow, cut-out
stuff - allowing you to quickly make buttons & icons and writes
javascript mouseovers for you, adds URLs for imagemaps and alt text if
you want it to. Get them from a discount catalogue or something tho' -
cheaper and faster than getting them directly from Adobe!

---Martie