Re: how to force browser not to cache image

by "Mike Hopkins" <ironmike(at)ia.net>

 Date:  Sat, 4 Sep 1999 17:07:43 -0500
 To:  "Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
But it's true, Art.

The function of META tags is to control the users browser client, but
not  his machine exactly. META tags for charactersets, expiration,
cache and so forth are used by the client as well as server.

META tags are also used to leave information for search engines and
document-indexing programs, purely for online 'bots. And, of course,
the readers of HTML source files will also gain helpful information
from META tags...if they're used in the first place.

It depends on the particular tag where it is used and by what
program/user.

An aside, what is the meaning of the word "Pragma" used in META tags?