Re: how to force browser not to cache image

by "Mike Hopkins" <ironmike(at)ia.net>

 Date:  Sun, 5 Sep 1999 09:35:47 -0500
 To:  "Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Art,
No, you're right about the situation when your browsers cache SETTINGS
are zeroed. I misread your post to mean the situation when the cache
had just been emptied. Sorry.

However, when a  HTML file is CHACHED, the Meta information is still
there. Meta can't tell your machine what to do, but it can give your
browser information about the page and the browser may act on that
information if it is capable.