Re: Thank You Microsoft!!

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:13:08 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jim:

I think you are missing the point. These "fixes and patches" are brought out
as the result of subsequent illegal activity by idiots who get their kicks
through vandalism. Let's be fair. Would you blame every home contractor
because he fails to install bars on the windows and electrified fences
because after you bought the house, a burglar vandals your home.

And if they HAD installed bars and electric fences on every home, the next
vandal would find a way to short out the fence and hacksaw your bars.
Then--Is it still the fault of the building contractor, that these
eventualities were not foreseen and an automatic shotgun installed?? No--we
are supposed to get our own shotgun. And I can tell you from personal
experience that it's a lot easier to allow Microsoft to install their
service packs--you just click the button and go have coffee--than it is to
buy a shotgun--(especially in California!!)

If someone parks on a fire access road and your home burns down while the
firemen are trying to get around the parked car, should we blame the fire
truck maker for faulty design or the fool who parked there ??

And HEY --- How come it always seems that those who agree with me, post to
me privately ...  and those who disagree, post to the list ??

Again best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net