Re: ex web client is stealing my images and holding my poetry hostage

by "Beauford.2002" <beauford.2002(at)rogers.com>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:11:24 -0500
 To:  "jim barchuk" <jb(at)jbarchuk.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
With 5 years of experience in an abuse department, what you are suggesting
is a waste of time. This is a civil matter between Lori and the other user.
If Lori wants to follow up to get the pictures removed it is up to her to
get a court order to present to her ISP. It is not the ISP's job to sift
through a bunch of paperwork to determine who is right or wrong - ISP's are
not a court of law. The police won't even do anything - so why should an ISP
be expected to. I understand Lori's dilemma, but she is barking up the wrong
tree.

You also have to look at it this way - this user got these pictures from
Lori in some manner (unless he hacked her computer). So right away there is
an agreement of some kind between them. Again - it is not the ISP's job (by
law or anything else) to determine what this agreement was. He could claim
this was a verbal agreement - and how do you prove or disprove those. This
type of decision can only be made by a court of law, not by an ISP. I doubt
very much than any court would find any ISP guilty of anything in this
circumstance.

B.