Re: Paths displayed by SSI

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Jul 2000 09:48:06 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jakob:

Well--You could use JavaScript or VBScript but that might be over kill ...

The thought was to use a Drop Down list or Radio Buttons in a simple form to
obtain a value for an object we will call "keyword" Examples might be
"gidgets", "widgets", or "things".

Then one could use a simple IF-THEN statement to call the proper include
file into the spot on the page.

Ex:  if keyword="gidgets" then <#include virtual="gidgets.inc"

The actual syntax would depend on the language used. The word "then", for
example, is often excluded in the statement, it being implied.

I would think that JavaScript has the broader base here but it is only one
of the many ...

The though also occurs that you might simply use the #include virtual in the
drop down list instead of a link, but I have never tried that as yet.

Hopefully, some of the others may even give you exact code in one of their
favorite languages. Or better yet -- Offer a solution less complicated or
convoluted, (or one of them big words ...)

Also hopefully, some of the random delirium above may inspire you to a real
solution.
Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA