Netscape 6 browser (was Re: James Roberts)

by "sfmalo" <sfmalo(at)msn.com>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Feb 2001 02:08:09 -0800
 To:  "Chuck Evans" <Chucke(at)captura.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I want to thank everyone for their helpful input about my problems with a
client's site viewing strangely in the Netscape 6 browser. I made some
recommended changes and, tonight, I finally successfully loaded and running
the browser executable, so could finally view it for myself. Just about
everything is fixed and looks "normal" again. Whoopeee!

Chuck, you mentioned that the "go to top" arrow at the bottom of my pages
wasn't working and suggested a fix. Well, I put the fix in, that is, placing
doesn't work. What a mystery. Also, it takes two clicks for my bottom left
arrow (go to previous page) to work. Will I have to rewrite the javascript
snippet I used for both and, if so, what should I write?

I then visited my site and some other of my clients' sites ... and ran into
a ghastly problem using Netscape 6. I have two applets on my own site that
are now royally messing up each page they're on.  They both are making their
respective screens flicker and one is not even running. Just a big box shows
with code instructions inside!!!!! The other page displays the text (slowly
and badly) against a strange gold background while the screen flickers. The
worst is one of my client's sites that I just revised has an applet on the
portal page which makes the screen flicker and twitch and doesn't display
properly. Wow.

Any suggestions before the client finds out?
Sharon (<: