Re: Tables centered by CSS

by "Stephanie Thrasher" <sjthrasher(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:39:08 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> that the only way to do this is to use DIV tags on the
> document and in the stylesheet use:   DIV {text-align:
> center;}

I'm currently working on table alignment for 4.01 Strict also.  What I've
found is that in NN 6, the above method centers the text *within* the table
as well as the table.  Then, when I put class="left" or align="left" in the
table cells to left-align the text, the *table* aligns left again.  I'm
still trying to figure this one out.

> The unsolved problem I have is how to get those blue
> borders from appearing in Netscape without having to
> use border="0" in the image tag. Does anyone know of a
> CSS workaround that satisfies both NN4.75 and IE5.0
> (not interested in how things look in NN6.0, sorry)??????

For this I've been using

   img { border: none }

which works for IE 5 and NN 6, but I don't have NN 4.75 -- maybe you could
let me know about that?

Stephanie