Re: Table background disappers in IE

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:12:34 -0000
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I've run out of ideas and I'm hoping you can help.  I've checked the
> archives and didn't see this particular problem.
>
> I've made a table with each row holding a link and have placed the same
gif
> in each <td> tag for the background.  It looks perfect in Netscape.  In IE
> not all of the table rows show the background gif (on my pc the table
looks
> great in IE; its on the web that it looks bad).  If I scroll down and back
> up then more of the rows are colored and some still do not show the
> background gif.
>
> Thank you,
> Sandy

Which version of IE are you using? There is a known problem with .gifs in
tables in IE 5 (I think that's the right version). Run a check through the
MS Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/search and see if that
helps. if not get back and I'll see if I can dig out the relevant item.

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net