Re: Image Stealing

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:59:35 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Darryle:

Your picture, test.gif, now resides on a page in my graphics program,
 Canvas 6.  Granted it took nearly a full minute and a half.

I first right-clicked the image and saved it to my disk. However, when I
went to look at it in Windows Explorer, it was blank.

So I "opened" in Canvas 6. All I got was a large gray rectangle ???

Ah-HAW I said. Me-thinks the man is messing with my head here.

So I went back to IE-5 and clicked on my Edit in FrontPage icon. When it
came up, I copied and pasted your image to make sure I really had it.

I did!!

But with all the messing around, like I said, I spent over 90 seconds. The
other guy's was a lot easier. I do think your method might at least slow
down the honest people out there.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/
www.newsredding.com/

P.S.  HTML e-mail is not allowed or I would have embedded the image as
proof.

> Hi All,
>
> I have created a simple test site, listed below. I would like who ever
> wants to pop over to it and try to copy the little .gif image I created.
It