Re: nested tables and Netscape

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:28:05 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Barbara:

Nested tables are indeed as simple as one table being inside another. Or--as
more often happens--one table nested inside a single CELL of another table.

And yes, it's true, Some versions of Netscape seem to be a lot more
persnickety about this than does Internet Explorer. Fuzzy may be able to
give you the correct code according to W3C, but this is one of those weird
things where correct code often seems to be still, less than acceptable to
Netscape.

I too--have observed that nested tables done in FrontPage often seem to work
in Netscape with less grief than some of the neat and tidy hand coding.

I can't tell you exactly why--but my own feeling is that all that
"redundant" code FrontPage is often slammed for, seems to satisfy Netscape,
esthetic dirtiness notwithstanding.

It's one of those cases where, regardless of design, sometimes a machine
just runs better with a lot of extra dirty old oil dripping from the
bearings ....

Not very scientific I grant you, but the best I can offer at the moment.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net