Re: pub file

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:15:35 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susie:

As Nancy mentioned--download a trial version of Publisher 2000.

It will read any of the "older" versions and re-save them in the
same, (older) format. (You can also save as a .pub 2000 file or
save the "selected" text in any of nearly a dozen other formats.)
However--if you save in the "new" format you are stuck with it
unless you save a new copy, (different name) in the old format.
NOTE: This is pretty standard for all software. (Snicker--If they
ever get rid of the Save As command, we are doomed!!)

Or--you can select text or a text box and choose Edit in MS Word.
Once in Word, you can do all sorts of things.

By the way, MS Publisher is pretty cheap and is still the most
popular "publishing" program in the world. Well worth the small
amount of money and hard drive space to have on anyone's
computer. It will do almost any of your business publishing for
you.

Example: Half of the print shops here locally, use MS Publisher
as their primary page layout program. We do too--only going to
Canvas when we need some of the heavy duty features like
trapping, kerning and four color process. (actually, MS Pub even
does some of this in a limited way.)

Just don't ever - EVER, try to make a web page with it. Use
FrontPage instead.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA