Re: Icons

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Dec 2000 22:29:21 +0530
 To:  "Basics [HWG]" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
.ico files? really?
no offence but i seriously thought that this art was dead! ;)

Well... there are quite a few icon editors around. Impact Sofware's
Microangelo [1] enjoy quite a decent reputaion for this. Take a look
at Jon Wojan's Digital Garage [2] icons to get an idea of what's
possible. I think they've introduced animated icons recently. Axialis
Software's AX Icons [3] is pretty kewl software. There is IconForge
[4] by Cursorarts.

Why don't you just go to some download site and search for "Icon
Editor" ??? I think you'll find plenty... I tried it at Jumbo [5] and
found a whole deal of them. Even C|Net's Download.Com [6] has a decent
listing of icon editors.

Now comes the hard part -- creating icons! Well... what I suggest you
do is, just download a trial version of some above software and go
through it's help file! It will have the *best* information.

You can always go through something like Softseek's category related
to Icons [7]. You should also go through Yahoo!'s list of related
categories [8] for some more inspirational and instructional material.

hth

[abhay]

[1] http://www.impactsoft.com/muangelo/muangelo.htm
[2] http://www.digitalgarage.com