Re: bgcolor: to use or not to use

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 10 May 2002 06:12:20 -0400
 To:  "Bert" <bert(at)betterwebdesign.com.au>,
"hwg basics" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
There was a comment in the article referred to that suggested the users
would think the designer didn't know how to set colors or that the user
would be less likely to buy products from a black-on-gray page.

I would say the first is generally untrue, as the users must be experiencing
plenty of strange displays if they are browsing in NN3.  It would be likely
that they would begin to wonder what is wrong, or, if they had ever seen the
Web through a newer browser, that they would suspect what is wrong.

The second is a definite possibility.  If the sales warrant the attention,
then it's possible that a 2nd copy of the site might be needed.  I say
second copy instead of adding the fixes to the primary site because a) you
can still keep your code clean that way, and b) there's probably a lot more
than colors needing attention to fix the site for NN3!

:)