Re: Text Area Box

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Dec 1999 07:59:36 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I just finished an HTML course.  The attribute inside the Textarea tag is
WRAP  -  SOFT (often called VIRTUAL) wrap will let the text continue from
line to line but if I completely understand it, when you receive the info,
it doesn't actually cause a line break unless the person typing hits enter.
with the HARD (also called PHYSICAL) wrap - each line makes a line break
<TEXTAREA WRAP="VIRTUAL" NAME="Comments" ROWS="3" COLS="40"></TEXTAREA>

http://members.xoom.com/netclasses/jwayform.htm  - don't laugh at the page,
It was part of my course assignment and it is just the basics or HTML
coding.  The user can't tell the difference between HARD AND SOFT I think it
only shows up when you receive.

Deb

My question is how do you force the text area