RE: Printing Landscape

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 23 May 2000 18:49:19 -0400
 To:  "'Ted Temer'" <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Janet--

<snip>
Unless you are lucky enough to have Canvas or some other publishing
program
that will "save" in PDF, you will need to purchase Adobe's Acrobat
full
program. (ABOUT $200)
</snip>

You (and a lot of others) are in luck. If you only occasionally need a
PDF, sign up at adobe.com for their free trial service which will
create a PDF of your files(s). After the initial trial run (I think
you get 3), you could make an unlimited amount of PDFs every month
through them for only $99 a year, or $9.99 a month.

Other ways to make PDF files without Acrobat are available as plug-ins
for Micro$oft Word, Quark, CorelDraw, and PhotoShop. You will not have
as complete control over your final PDF and font substitution might
occur. Check the output to make sure it is acceptable.

You have a form that you plan to PDF, right? If you do get your hands
on a copy of Acrobat, you can make all the input field areas map to
online form elements. Javascript-enabled interactivity is also
possible within Acrobat. You will need some sort of script to handle
the input/output for you (perl, cgi, whatever). There are tutorials on
the Adobe site that can show you more clearly than I what is involved
and how easily it could be implemented.

Good Luck!
kali
(who absolutely LOVES the spilt milk/cow quote!)