Re: Consistent Cross Browser/Platform Font Sizes in CSS

by "aangelop" <aangelop(at)resqnet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:38:35 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I asked nearly the same question a couple of weeks ago... the answers
weren't promising.

I don't think there is a way you can get it to look exact, even at absolute,
because every machine measures things differently.

12 pts = 1 pica.
6 picas = 72 points = 1 inch.

It depends on how the machine you are talking about is set up. They all
display inches differently (some can be adjusted).

Andrew