Re: invisible border (was background problems in Netscape 4.7

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:41:37 -0500
 To:  "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> 2) Style sheets will continue (MHO) making inroads in the
> community and the time spent now learning them will pay off.  Of
> course, it may not be all that useful in 2 years to know fixes to
> make a document display right in NN4, but researching all these
> things while learning CSS now can't help but make the designer
> more involved with he learning process...

Great email on CSS Darrell.  This is an area that many people have just
thrown their hands up in the air because the browsers never fully supported
the whole spec.

Once you get the hang of it, all your formatting can reside in one little
file.  If you want to change all the fonts or colors or backgrounds, you
edit one file only!  This really saves me time and is much better than
searching and replacing all the pertinent tags through all the pages in a
website.

If you don't want to devote the effort to learning and coding CSS by hand,
get a copy of Topstyle Pro at http://www.bradsoft.com which also takes care
of the different version hassles you can run across.  They have a free
version too, but its not quite the same.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net