Re: press releases and PDF's AND copyright

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:38:13 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susan:

I would not think the media used, (PDF, etc.) would imply any special
intent. After all, there is nothing simpler than a direct copy and paste,
right from the text on the web site. Often some sources may make material
available for their "customers" but many balk at having others "publish" it
without a credit line.

I share your frustration with those who never return e-mails. I never did
get a reply from UPN TV.

However--if you are looking for sources for articles and news, etc. that is
free for the taking, try:

Article Resource Association, www.aracopy.com
Tons of articles. Pictures too. All they ask is a credit line reference to
them. You can download or have them e-mailed or faxed to you.

Also www.addme.com/ They have a applet that goes right on your page which
THEY update automatically. (Gosh, I wish Gist TV did the same.)

You can see it at:
www.newsredding.com/

(Have a cup of coffee until the monster page loads and then scroll down near
the bottom.)

7AM News, www.7am.com/  offers a free News/sports ticker and/or a news page
you can add to your site. You can subscribe to the types of information you
want to include.

All of the above spell out your permission to use their stories.

And of course, don't overlook the public press Releases on most of the TV
networks.

There are lots more but since my client has "retired" my need to keep the
magazine current has waned somewhat.

OK--So I'm lazy!!

Again, best wishes
Ted Temer