Re: problem with colored background

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:06:12 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I thought maybe it was a CSS problem, but you don't use it, the background
color is not set, so the default color before the gif fills in is white or
grey (rarely black on any browser) and the set text color is  a cream color.
My guess would be that since you aren't using a websafe color for you text -
TEXT="FFEBCD" and the proper coding using a # symbol before the color code
that your members browser is taking a default color.  She may not be the
only one to experience it, just the only one to report it.  Chances are
she's either not using one of the main browsers or an older version of one,
and it's handling your colors differently, since I checked in the most
recent versions of IE or NN

Deb