Re: Browsers

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:49:18 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mikey:

The problem--as I see it--with all those browsers is simply that nearly all
of them have a user base that is--to put it kindly--numerically
insignificant. However--ones that display special features you may wish to
consider such as Bobby or Web-TV are quite valuable.

Actually, as I recall, I was referring to editors that are available. They
are all over the place--some free--some not so free. And the price seems to
have little to do with features and/or usefulness.

If you go to any search engine and type in "HTML editors" you can spend a
couple of days checking them all out.

Even here, each one requires a download and install. Then a few hours--or
days in some cases--to learn this new editor's ways.

As everyone seems to have different ideas in this area, I am hesitant to
recommend any one editor. However, CuteHTML and CoffeeCup "might" be a place
to start. I personally look for editors that include either JavaScript of
CSS as well.

The idea here is to make use of the editor's database rather than relying on
ones own memory for tags/code.

Also--CoffeeCup's Style Sheet Maker is worth its weight in gold for saving
time when making up style sheet, (CSS) files.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net