Re: Seen this lately? | line length

by "Pam Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:09:32 -0500
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ted and everyone,

I don't have any problem with the line length or the color scheme or
anything else with this document. It printed out nicely with no fuss onto
nine standard pages and no lines extended off the page nor needlessly
truncated. http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/ .

I admire the way it is put together, using structural components of html
combined with style sheets, which as I understand it, is the best practice.
It makes it more accessible.

The line length is dependent on the width of the browser window, as far as I
can see. This has the advantage of letting someone drop the size down to
what is a comfortable width for them, given the size type they prefer. (It
is very difficult trying to read a page with large type that has the line
width arbitrarily set at 35 *small* characters, as you end up with only a
few words per line.)

Yes, it could have been broken up into several shorter pages, but for
straight reading through a document (as opposed to poking around a  site)
one page for me is preferable.

Best Regards,
Pam Shorey