Re: JavaScript in table tags

by "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:33:40 +0100
 To:  <thewolves(at)bigfoot.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>

From: "Larry Coats" <lcoats(at)gte.net>

> If I understand you, you want to generate this table inside a cell of
> another table.
That's exactly right; I have a  MainPage table of 3 cells (well, 1 colspan=2
cell for the header/logo, one cell for the NavBar, and one BIG cell for the
content; which is to contain the prices table :-)

> I believe that it's OK to have a script appear within a td tag, but here
> you've got it inside a table tag. If you generated the table and /table
> for the inner table, I think you'd be OK. You'd have this:

I hang my head -
That is exactly what i thought i had done, and i just wrote you a long
explanation of how i moved the script out of
so moved them out into the <table> tags.

Then i went back to check -
And realised that i had started within a <tr> tag, not a <td> tag at all.

So i hassled you all for nothing :-(

(I'm 98% sure it is fixed, it validated from my machine, i think it is
HTML4.1 validation from there;
But i can't check it on my site :-(
I upload to freeserve, ok,
i check the date, ok,
i "View file" from the FTP File manager page, new stuff is there,
I go to the web address, old file,
I hit refresh, old file;
I cannot access the new content (that I *can* view from the Host FTP system)
via its web address.
Is it me? Is it freeserve? am i pottier than yesterday?

(or have they blocked me because yesterday i kept trying to delete the
freeserve-inserted html because it failed validation! Which i couldn't do -
it kept being inserted back it).

But I was so sure i had had my script tags with <td> tags whereas they were
really in <tr> tags, i have no doubt I'm doing something really dumb and
short-sighted again :-(

many thanks for your help!

hilma
--x----