RE: Form won't validate

by "Hugh" <hblair(at)hotfootmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 6 Sep 2003 10:47:41 -0400
 To:  "'Linda Shumaker'" <jirehscope(at)k-inc.com>,
"'hwg-basics'" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

First (semi) problem, you have:

and that's incomplete. It should read:
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

The link give it a 'standard' / definition to use.

But the most important thing missing is something like this:
(put inside <head></head>)

Oh, and your page did NOT have a <head> tag - not good. I added
it in the code.

This defines a character encoding label. I've made the above
changes and posted it to my site at:
http://www.hotfootmail.com/form.html

Now it can be used by the w3 validator service at:
http://validator.w3.org/

Go here you'll see the errors. You should understand (most of) them.
Ask if you don't.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hotfootmail.com%2Ffor
m.html

Scroll down far enough and you'll see the new page code.

Hugh