Re: Advanced styles woes...

by "Bert Doorn" <bdoorn(at)iinet.net.au>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Mar 2000 09:03:30 +0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'day

> <P>This is my text, <I><SPAN STYLE="color:red">which
> </SPAN></I> displays in a single line.</P>

Why use SPAN in this case?  It's not well supported by Netscape (as far as I
know).

Given you have already used the <I> element, just apply the style to that
element.  If you are in a situation where you will need to re-use the same bit
of code multiple times in the same document, you could even use a style class:

<P>This is my text, <I CLASS="RedText">which</I> displays in a single line.

Browsers which do not support CSS should just display the text in italics,
while browsers which do support it will apply whatever formatting you have set
up in that CLASS.

HTH
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer