RE: Browsers and PNGs

by "Gary Bonham" <Gary(at)BonhamDesigns.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 1999 06:55:42 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Since PNG doesn't support animation, MNG is an extension to do so.
While current support for PNG is partial, support for MNG is
currently non-existent, so far as I can tell. If these are to
replace GIF, there needs to be a LOT of progress made in support
of the formats. This won't happen overnight.

Gary