RE: Inline Frames: Change of(f) Topic NS6

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:10:12 -0400
 To:  <Dallasstar1992(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello all--

<snip>
... I have spent the last several weeks on js that was
written for both NS and IE4+. NONE of these scripts show
up...
</snip>

I am confused about the various responses I see regarding
NS6. Of course, the promo material swears upside-down and
sideways that it is more W3C compliant than ever. But it
seems that it is even pickier about what it supports than
before. In NS4.x you knew you really had to be careful with
your table tags being properly nested and closed. NS
wouldn't render your page if your tables were even slightly
askew.

In viewing the codes here, I see lots more pickiness about
using/requiring the "TYPE=" attribute. Where your scripts
reside (the head or the body) seems to affect display.
Again, writing strictly to code first, then adjusting for
browser specific options seems to help, but not eliminate
this problem.

I am going into a redesign phase and am actively looking at
compliance and rendering issues. They affect my design. From
the sounds of it, they will also heavily tax my sanity. Your
pain could very well become my own in a few weeks.

<snip>
DO you really think that EVERYONE is going to have the time
and knowledge
to learn to use Linux?? Half the users never even had a DOS
course, let alone
UNIX>.
</snip>

I am not sure what this had to do with NS6. What was the
connection you meant?

Treat yourself to flowers or a movie. Then ask yourself how
many of those in your market will be using NS6. And then ask
yourself for how long they will continue to use it based on
the reports we are seeing.

kali