Re: borders around tables...

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:29:26 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> > To have a border around only the table, simply give a border to the table:
> > table {border: 1px solid}
> >
> > If you want borders around the cells as well, include that element in the
> > selector:
> > table, td {border: 1px solid}
>
> Another way to do this if you are not familiar with CSS is to use a nested
> table.  Make one table with 1 row and 1 column and a border.  Put your
> entire table with columns and no border inside of the first table.  Simple!

That is true, Blue, but a part of the original post that I didn't include in
my reply is:

  In the past, I've designed one table with a dark background color with a
  cellpadding of 1 and the put another table inside of that set to 100% width
  with a light (or white) background color to achieve this effect.

  I want to do it using CSS however to minimize the code.

Tim