RE: Thumbnails

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:35:26 -0400
 To:  "'Shelley Watson'" <shelleyw(at)home.com>,
"'C. A. Milton'" <camilton(at)icx.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
A rainy hello to all--

<snip>
I had to do some thumbnails for an equipment page (walkers,
wheelchairs) and was hoping that PhotoShop or Paintshop
would
</snip>

PhotoShop 5.5 has a feature called "Automate" (FILE >
AUTOMATE > WEB PHOTO GALLERY) which is useful for taking
images from a source folder and converting them to
thumbnails for web use. It is particularly useful for taking
product images (often the same or similar size) and batch
processing them. I use it for quick uploads of family pix,
too <g>. The AUTOMATE feature generates an html page of
thumbnails, each of which are clickable to their own
full-size page. I next take the generated files and place
them in my web pages.

In an ideal world we have time to crop and select areas of
the full size image to create thumbnails from. But
sometimes, the above solution is the best we can do with the
time restraints we have to work with.

If April showers bring May flowers, we will surely have an
abundance of color soon!

cheers!
kali