Re: Not working in Netscape

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:51:40 -0400
 To:  "HTML Writers' Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
<MCrowtherUK(at)aol.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I've put up a new site for a friends business but some graphics are not
> showing in Netscape?
>
> They were .bmp files but are now all .jpg or .gif - yet still they are not
> showing - any ideas?
>
> The URL is www.1stgearmtc.co.uk

Mark,

Your 'onmouseover' images are in GIF format, but your initial images and
your 'onmouseout' images are still in BMP format.  BMP is supposed to be a
format that browsers don't support viewing inline, but somehow they are
showing up in IE.  Hmm, just had a thought.....  Is it possible that they
really are GIF, but you forgot to change the extension.  Maybe somehow this
is confusing Netscape.

Steve