Re: Question for Ted Temer

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:01:48 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ron:

Assuming you are talking about the FP2000 Search feature.

Also, I have to qualify this as I use FP-98 and without the
Extensions--therefore I don't use this feature myself.

With that out of the way, as I recall from perusing the messages on the
FrontPage list, you have to place the database in it's own separate
directory--complete with it's own index page. It may even have to be
uploaded to the server separately.

Sort of thusly:  www.mydomain.com/search-area/

If that does not work--I'm a little fuzzy on the recall here--then the only
thing I can think of would be a totally separate site.

Sort of: www.mydomain.com/
and www.newsite.com/

Having never actually done it, I can only hope this helps ...

Anyone else having done this, feel free to step in here.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net