Re: Extra Letters on Page

by "seecurb" <seecurb(at)naspa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:06:09 -0500
 To:  "David Burlingame" <drbexe(at)tampabay.rr.com>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
David B,

I read your e-mails, clicked on your URL, witnessed the bad phone number in
M$ IE for Mark Z., clicked on view-->source, found the "error," corrected it
in MS Notepad, and it DID save to my desktop (as a dot html file) O.K. (not
too big, this time), and opened again from the desktop as a local web page.
It did all this correctly, UNLIKE the original example which would not save
properly until I removed all the many extra CRs.

So, I am at a loss to help you.

You might "try" the following, as a work-around, to see if it yields a
"solution:"

I publish a "dummy" html page (not linked to any other pages) to the server
using FTP each time I want to post a new "real" web page. I include the
"real" page in the upload, and it goes "up" without being modified in any
way. I don't know "why?" it works, but it does. You might want to try the
proceedure just to see if it "solves" your problem, by avoiding it. It
"works" for me, so I use it.

please reply to: seecurb(at)bigfoot.com