Re: HI and BACKGROUND CONSTRUCTION

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:20:51 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yvon:

As I no longer use PhotoShop, (Haven't for several years), any current user
please feel free to jump in on this.

In Canvas one simply places the four mirror images on a page, butted up next
to each other and chooses "Join". You then save the joined images, (Save
Selection), as the final image using all the compression or other modifiers
you desire.

However, in Picture Publisher for example, one would have to create a "New"
picture area to place the four smaller images in.

If--to continue the example, each of the 4 mirror images were 100 x 100
pixels in size, then the larger "new" blank space would have to be at least
200 x 200 pixels in size. In Picture Publisher you can have as many
different images in separate windows as you wish. I believe this is the same
in PhotoShop. So--you would end up with five windows. Four 100x100 and the
larger blank one. The large one has been saved with the final image name you
want to use on the web.

You then copy and paste the smaller images into the larger picture and slide
them in place. If the large image was too big, you may crop it as desired.
When you have it the way you want, simply re-save the large image and the
task is done except for any compression, etc. that you might want to apply.

That in broad terms, is one of many ways to go about it. I hope that a
PhotoShop user may be able to provide more detailed step by steps.

Again best wishes,
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net